Day of Procedure
The Day Of Procedure
- You will be asked to arrive one hour prior to your scheduled procedure time. Please click here for a map to the facility.
- Bring a list of your regular medications to include both prescription and non-prescription drugs, over the counter and dietary supplements, please include dosage information.
- Bring all insurance cards with you as we will need to make copies for your chart.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Leave all valuables including jewelry and cash at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property. We will ask that watches and earrings be removed for the procedure, so please leave them at home.
- Be prepared to sign a consent for the procedure. Patients who are under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian to accompany them to sign the consent form.
- A nurse will provide you with a patient gown and plastic bag to store your clothes. The nurse will review your medical history and start an intravenous access (IV) for the medication that will be given during the procedure.
- Before the procedure you will meet your physician and have the opportunity to speak to him/her before starting. The medication will then be given via the IV and the procedure performed.
- After completion of the procedure the nurse will transport you to the Recovery Room where you will be required to stay a minimum of 30 minutes. Most patients are asleep during this transfer but waken easily within a few minutes.
- When you arrive in the Recovery Room, your ride will be contacted. Your physician will review the findings with you before you are discharged.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please don’t hesitate to call us at (559) 440-9100 or contact us online.